Passerelle du Palais de Justice (1983) A first bridge appears to have been established in 1638 at this location. Consists of ten arches, it was destroyed in 1778 because of its disrepair. It is replaced in 1780 by a bridge consisting of a chain of twelve vessels, of which two mobiles. Volant commonly named bridge, it is also known as Forest or bridge deck Célestins. The flying bridge is washed away in part by the melting ice on 18 January 1789, then completely during the winter 1795. It is replaced in 1797 by a wooden bridge built at the initiative of William Niogret. This keeps the bridge name bridge driving, but it is also called the Pont Neuf. It is damaged by the fallout of fireworks in 1820, then by the flood of 1824. It was finally destroyed in 1833 and replaced by a bridge built by the company in Seguin 1833–1834 to servePalais de Justice . The central arch, with a range of 90 m (295 ft), is destroyed by the flood of 1840. The bridge, rebuilt in 1844, is composed of two batteries anchored near the shoreline which are based on an ark Central 47.70 m by two side spans of approximately 20 m (66 ft). The width of the new bridge is 4 m and two sidewalks of 1 m (3 ft 3 in). The central arch was destroyed by German forces in September 1944. The bridge was reopened in January 1945.